Friday, January 8, 2010

Is it ok to use hand soap on your tattoo?

i know your supposed to use anitbacterial soap but i dont have any except my hand soap... is that ok? or should i just use dove?








thanks


*kisses*Is it ok to use hand soap on your tattoo?
hand soap usually has dyes and fragrances...so NO...Dove dries the skin out.





Go buy some Dial Antibacterial Hand Soap(its a liquid)...and you should be ok...you can even get the no name brand from Walmart that is the equal to Dial...and it's cheaper.





Look at my answer to your other question or any of my answers to questions like this.


Fact is...if youre not sure...call the shop.


And think about it...Dove does dry out the skin...Also...look up the A%26amp;D thing...plenty of information for it...but also just as much against it. The 2 things you want to achieve...keep it clean...and keep it moist. Everything works for different people...and regardless everyone on here is going to swear what works for them...either way, instead of get more confused...call the shop ya got the ink...Just like everyone on here...Im giving you my experience from the 35 hours plus of ink I have...and it was an evolving process to learn what to use and what not too...I do wish you the best and hope you enjoy your new ink!





Best of Luck!Is it ok to use hand soap on your tattoo?
Only if it's unscented. You should really get yourself to a drugstore ASAP to buy some Dial or some equivalent. Antibacterial is a necessity to keep your tattoo clean. So maybe clean your tattoo once or so with the other stuff, until you can get to a store, but don't rely on it.
i would dove because it's hypoallergenic which means there are no perfumes ..i just used regular hand soap to and it's fine!! I just got one on my foot 2 days ago and my foot is so swollen ..took over an hour and I thought I was going to die lol the pain is worth it though, eh?
use dial (orange one) or ivory


clean 3 times a day


use a%26amp;d ointment 3 x day for 5-7 days


then switch to fragrance free lubriderm





best of luck!
The last place I got mine told me to use a gentle scent free soap. I used dove and it turned out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment