Friday, January 8, 2010

My hand soap smells after putting it in a pump, what the heck?

hey you guys usually I'm the one doing the answering lol but this time I could use some tips. My liquid hand soap tends to start smelling after putting it in my kids decorative hand pump. We have an ';ocean'; theme in our bath and the hand pump for the soap is a glass octopus, or I should say ceramic. Every time I put soap in it, it starts to stink! I've smelled the soaps in the containers before pouring it in the octopus and it smells so great then after its poured into the ceramic octopus in a few days it starts to stink like a strong chemical odor. Like something in a paint shop or body shop. What's the deal you guys?My hand soap smells after putting it in a pump, what the heck?
First, look on the bottom of your decorative hand pump, and see where it was made. Maybe it was made with a chemical that reacts with the soap. Could even be lead. Second, do you rinse it out every time, before refilling? If not, do that, rinse in hot water and pump hot water through the pump, until it pumps clean. It could be that the old soap is smelling after it sits in the pump for awhile. I know if you let it sit for long periods of time, without using it, like pushing it to the back of your cabinet and forgetting it is there, it takes on a terrible smell. Hope one of these helps you.My hand soap smells after putting it in a pump, what the heck?
Believe it or not soap has a shelf life and it sounds like the soap that was left in the container went rancid. Clean the pump,plastic tube and container with dish washing liquid and rinse with some white vinegar and then water.
Could be a chemical reaction caused by the soap and something on the ceramic.


try buying a new glass soap dispenser and see if that helps.
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment