Friday, January 8, 2010

What kind of dish soap is best to use when you have to hand wash all your dishes?

I don't have a dish washer so i have to hand wash all my dishes. What kind of soap is the best to use to kill germs and to disenfect?What kind of dish soap is best to use when you have to hand wash all your dishes?
The kind I use is Dawn dish soap. It has degreaser's in it, and you can get it in different scents, sizes, etc. As well as antibacterial.


One note on the antibacterial soaps-that part of the soap only works on your skin, not on the dishes.


I like to soak my dishes in a dishpan full of hot tap water with dawn dish soap for a few minutes before I start washing them. It helps to prerinse the dishes first, too.


Take care.What kind of dish soap is best to use when you have to hand wash all your dishes?
Any of them will clean your dishes but the cheaper brands tend to lose suds faster than name brands. That's my experience anyway. My personal favorite is Dawn.
I like Dawn w/bleach. The bleach is already added to the dish water.
I use dawn, because its gets the job done! LOL


Sometimes I put a little bleach in my water if I'm dealing with dishes that had meat on them, but you can already buy dish soap with bleach in it, so you don't have to do that.


I wouldn't suggest palmolive dish soap due to it making your rag and water slimy...its really gross.
Dish soap ? Here in the UK we use dish washing liquid every supermarket has about 20 brands to choose from, and most are labelled to kill germs and are disinfectant too.
All soap with hot water does that. Get gloves and make sure the water is HOT. Use any brand that smells good to you. I have to hand wash right now and I use Ivory Dish Soap.
Anything with lemon and tough on grease.
I use an organic dish washing liquid that not only cleans and disinfects but is also bio degradable. The brand i use in RSA is enchantrix which is obtainable from health shops. Just a note, SOAP SUDS dont clean. A chemical is added afterwards to make the soap suds. The technique and experience is slightly different when using an organic dish washing liquid. You have to apply the liquid to your sponge for every 2nd or third item you clean and just knowing that you are using a product thats good for the enviroment and hasnt been tested on animals is a good feeling.
Definitely Dawn!
Palmolive...cleans your dishes really good and is easy on your hands.


If you would rinse your hands really good after washing dishes, dry them really good, and use a good lotion on your hands that will help too.





hope this helps you.
I use Dishdrops they really fill a sink good with suds and have worked very well with disinfecting. I get them sent to me from this online source.
I use Ajax or Palmolive they work well and smell good. I also use dish washing gloves so i can use really hot water and i don't get prune hands. There are some dish soaps that have bleach alternatives or oxygen that are said to clean better but i just use the regular soap.
i use dawn when i am not using my dishwasher i love it.cleans the dishes very well gets all the greese of all the pans might cost alittle extra but you get what you pay for i always believed that.
Save your money and buy a dishwasher.
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment