Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hand soap that's not toxic to pet fish?

When I vacuum the gravel in my fish tank, or if I have to rearrange the aquarium ornaments, I have to put my hand inside the water. Before I do that, I use regular soap to wash my hands, and I make sure I get all the soap off of the skin, but I still worry that there still will be some soap residue that will harm the fish in the tank. Are there any soaps out there that are relatively safe for underwater creatures? If so, I would like to know the name of the soap, and where I can get them, please.Hand soap that's not toxic to pet fish?
Really, the best way to prevent getting toxic soaps into the tank would be to simply not use them just before putting your hands in it-- just rinse them well with warm tap water, and use soap after you're done in the tank.Hand soap that's not toxic to pet fish?
the least harmful soaps are the unscented ones, but as long as you can't smell soap on your hands before putting them in, you're good. also, it's recommended that you wear rubber gloves before handling the stuff in your fish tank.
I just make sure there is absolutely NO residue on my hands when I work in the tanks, and it hasn't been a problem.
I always wash my hands with dawn dish washing detergent


and rince well and I am always i.e. dailey sticking my hands in the water with my fish and haven't harmed them yet

No comments:

Post a Comment