Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What can I mix w/ Dr. Bronner's Soap so it's not so drying as a hand soap?

I made a 1/4 cup Dr. Bronner's peppermint liquid soap w/ 1 cup of water. It is WAY too drying. My skin is all chapped and cracked w/ a little bleeding!!! Is there anything I can mix with it to make it more moisturizing? Aloe? Olive Oil? Vegetable Glycerin? etc? Thanks!What can I mix w/ Dr. Bronner's Soap so it's not so drying as a hand soap?
Your mix is much too strong, use about a tablespoon per gallon. I put a drop or two into a liquid soap dispenser and fill it with water.What can I mix w/ Dr. Bronner's Soap so it's not so drying as a hand soap?
You'll mess with the soap's cleaning properties if you add any agents. Oils that might make your skin feel smooth will stop the surfactant action.





Dilute it, and use a moisturizer afterwards immediately.





I suffer from chapped hands all the time. I sympathize.



I use olive oil soap which is natural and helps moisturize my skin. I haven't seen it in liquid form, but we were all fine with bars of soap 20 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment