Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Anyone know the type of fragrance they use in hand washing soap?

I am making my own hand washing liquid soap but I don't know what kind of perfume or fragrance they use to make one. Can someone tell me what it's called and point me where can I find it?Anyone know the type of fragrance they use in hand washing soap?
You need a fragrance oil that is approved for use in skin care products. You can get some in craft stores (check by the glycerin soap making products) but those are seriously lousy.





You can use essential oils (I order mine online from New Directions Aromatics (http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/) but you can get some in health food stores and the like. Just be aware that most of them there will be diluted in jojoba oil or something similar. You can still use them but they might be weak.





I personally prefer synthetic fragrance oils (FOs) - they tend to have a nicer smell than most EOs. There are many vendors online - I love Scent Works (http://store.scent-works.com/) Bramble Berry (http://www.brambleberry.com/) and many others. To search for more use the terms ';fragrance oil'; and ';soap';.





Note: some fragrance oils will thicken up your soap, many will thin it out...





(and if you are making your liquid soap by grinding up and watering down bar soap be prepared to end up with slime in a bottle!)Anyone know the type of fragrance they use in hand washing soap?
you can use essential oils, that's what i use
It depends on the brand and the fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment