Sunday, December 13, 2009

What is the difference between liquid hand soap and dish soap? Are they interchangeable?

My Mom asked me this question, and darned if I know the answer. I use liquid dish soap (like Dawn) for my hands, but never use liquid hand soap for the dishes. I guess she'd just like to buy one bottle and use it for everything (kind of like the way everyone used to use LOC).What is the difference between liquid hand soap and dish soap? Are they interchangeable?
I think dish soaps are harsh for your hands as they have strong additives for taking grease off the dishes (as in Dawn); that would definately dry your hands out; whereas, a lot of your hand soaps have conditioners in them to give oils back into your hands, which you wouldn't want on your dishes.What is the difference between liquid hand soap and dish soap? Are they interchangeable?
DON'T USE DISH SOAP IN THE SHOWER!!! I'm a mechanic and I was using dish soap all the time to get the grease off my hands, arms, body, etc... It took the grease off all right, and took all my natural oils off my body. my skin dried out and I didn't know what caused this. Dried out everywhere and even my privates, Not good!!! Finially wife figured it out. I'm Ok now...
I wouldnt use hand soap for cleaning dishes. I dont even use dish soap for washing my hands but my hubby prefers it for some reason... but of course I have to wash the dishes %26amp; he doesnt so...lol I wear rubber gloves while washing dishes because I cant stand that super dry %26amp; soft feel the dish soap leaves on my skin.
Many molecular differences. But mainly I think you are asking wheather you can use dish soap on your hands. No, you can't. Dish soap is harsher and is designed not to sud it contains a base which may damage your hands. It's designed for mechanical cleaning systems such as a dishwasher. Hand soap contains lotins, and is lighter on skin.
Liquid hand soap often has softeners for your hands, not really lotion but it's supposed to offset the fact that the soap is remove oils from your skin.





No problem using dish soap for your hands, but if you find that you have dry hands, that may be why.





I wouldn't use hand soap for dishes. Might leave a residue, and it's probably more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment