Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Does hand sanitizer clean as good as hand soap?

The other day I wanted to buy some hand soap for the bathroom and ended up buying hand sanitizer instead. I want to know if it's okay to wash my hands with the sanitizer and use it up or do I need to get hand soap cause the sanitizer won't clean my hands as good as hand soap? I don't want to be walking around with hands that aren't clean after using the bathroom.Does hand sanitizer clean as good as hand soap?
If this is an alcohol based sanitizer, I wouldn't replace soap with it. I've used some frequently at work recently because I was sick and wasn't always around soap. It will dry out your skin bad if you use it every time you go to the bathroom. Over a week of just using it when soap was out of reach, my hands were cracking and dry to the the point my knuckles were almost bleeding. I wouldn't substitute it.Does hand sanitizer clean as good as hand soap?
Yes. Hand sanitizer gets rid of all the bacteria on your hand. but that's not quite good necessarily because some bacteria is good for you and when you kill it with hand sanitizer, that can be bad for you. hand sanitizer is more of something you would use if you run out of soap or are on a hike or camping. i would recommend next time just getting your regular soap. sometimes advertisements are deceiving though and you would think that killing 99.9% of bacteria would be better but sometimes it isn't. oops sorry this is so long for such a simple question.
my understanding is that the hand sanitizers will sanitize what ever is on your hands


so in your case it is sanitizing the 'dirt' that is still on there





it doesn't remove things, it just sanitizes what is there





so if you only have sanitizer, then use it for sure


but soap will get rid of the dirt
Hand sanitizer doesn't clean anything. It just kills microbes. All it is is KY jelly mixed with alcolol.
Nope--hand sanitizer is just a temporary solution for when you don't have soap. It's like a glove around your hands.
Sanitizer does not clean anything, soap does.
I believe that handsoap is the best but if you are in a hurry or out on he tim for the dayhandsanitize is just good enough
sanitizer is good for when a wash room is unavailable. it will dry your skin a lot, where soap won't .

No comments:

Post a Comment