Thursday, December 17, 2009

Can I use Hand Dishwashing soap for Laundry Detergent?

Alright, so I'm a cheap student, and it occurs to me that I could probably save a lot of money on laundry by just using 1-2 drops of hand dishwashing fluid per load [NOT machine stuff, I mean Palmolive/Dawn/etc.]


If I pre-dilute it with water, do you think this will work? Will the washing machine be able to rinse out the soap by the end of the cycle?


Any other cheap alternatives you can think of to laundry detergent?Can I use Hand Dishwashing soap for Laundry Detergent?
Shampoo could work, and I KNOW you CAN use hair condtioner as a fabric softner!! Just add to the rinse water! But I think you might want to look and see the price of some of the cheaper laundry soaps on the market- buy a large bottle/box %26amp; it will probably last a month or longer! You would go through more dish soap than L.soap using it as L;soap!And I think it would take more than a few drops to wash a load!! But there's a couple of ideas!Can I use Hand Dishwashing soap for Laundry Detergent?
Well Thank You! I do think it would be wise to just buy a large botle of cheap L.soap! And use the condtioner for fabric softner- I guess you can also pour conditioner on a wash cloth rub it in %26amp; throw into dryer also! Report Abuse

yes you can just dont put to much in and its fine i do it all the time.i use dawn dish soap.and yes it rinses it out just fine.and you dont have to dilute it at all just use two to three drops not a problem





kathy Report Abuse

No!!!! Not if you want to washing soap suds out of your clothes for the next year, not to mention your clothes are going to feel like sandpaper. I understand you're trying to save money, but in the long run, you're going to have to replace your whole wardrobe.
buy two for one with coupons


forget the dish detergent it could ruin the machine.
I think there was a Brady Bunch episode when one of the kids did this and suds came flowing out of the machine. I know it's just a T.V. show but dish soap makes lots of suds and laundry detergent doesn't.
I have used dishwashing soap in the laundry with OK results, maybe its not a good idea but it was never a problem here.
You can if you want to, but you wont like the results!
no because it will just stick to your cloths
No!!! When I was in college my roommate did this and it made a MESS. We literally had foamy bubbles everywhere. We never laughed so hard in our lives but I highly do not suggest it. Use laundry soap only. There are cheap brands. I think Purex averages $3 a box. ;)
There is a great new product in the market that eliminates the need for any detergent, fabric softener, bleach or even hot water. The company launching it is promoting ';free'; ownership through provision of other referrals that will buy the appliance. I'm using it and it's just fantastic, plus I got 4 of my friends to get one also, so I've pocketed $400.00 already...
use the cheaper brands of laundry soap, dish soap has dyes in it which might stain fabric, i used colored hand soap on fabric and ruined a sweater. the stuff you get at walmart is less than 3 bucks for a big jug and thats cheaper than dish soap actually , by the ounce, and a few drops of dish soap wont clean your clothes.
Um if you want a mess coming from your washer go ahead from personal experience no don't do it it will flood with soap
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment