Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's the difference between hand soap and body wash?

Except for antibacterial hand soaps, the ingredients in hand soap and body wash are similar. Although, body wash tends to contain more ';extra'; stuff - moisturizers, perfume, tea tree this and tea tree that....





Anyway, so my other question is, do you use those two interchangeably? I think that before body wash and liquid hand soaps came into vogue, people used the same bar soaps for handwashing and bodywashing.What's the difference between hand soap and body wash?
pretty much the price lol soap is soapWhat's the difference between hand soap and body wash?
Well hand soap is in a smaller bottle and is made for your hands and body wash is in a bigger bottle and is made for your body
I would say no because bar soaps hold germs, especially if you have kids, if you choose a bar soap you should choose one that has germ fighting power and you should have two different ones, one for hands and one for the body, I personally like body wash because it does not dry the skin like soap.
body wash has the composition of shampoo. Would you use shampoo daily on your sensitive body parts? Many additives are found in body wash. Soap is an alternative and allergic additives can be eliminated.
Hand wash is specifically for the hands and face wash is specifically for the face. Hand wash is too harsh for the face, I would think, and it has perfumes in it, which your face will not like.
you can use body wash for your hands.... ITS SOAP.... and hand soap is for your hands, cant use that as body wash because its not enough.. you could use 1 bar of soap for your hands and 1 for your body *not the same bar though* doesnt sound sanitary to me
I beleive soap is soap. With the exception that today one can now use a liquid soap for the body. I personally like a bar of soap.





For some reason, to me, liquid soap just does not cut it for me. I feel cleaner using a bar of soap. I think it is just a matter of personal preference, but as far as the difference is concerned, I think its all just soap!
I have often wondered the same thing. And after being a bit of a chemist/guinea pig I have discovered that bar-hand soap and that bar of Irish Spring in the shower are pretty much the same! Its just a different size. And you're right, until about 70 years ago most people didn't even use shampoo per se. The just used a bar of soap for hand body and hair. But now a days instead of using a $1 bar of soap we gotta have $3 body wash, $6 shampoo, $5 face wash etc. Me personally I am fond of shampoo and not hand soap on my head :)





Body wash has a very similar composition to shampoo and actually most shampoos for normal hair can double for body wash. I have used that cheap VO5 or suave moisturizing shampoo for body wash (with a poofy sponge) its like $.88 and leaves your skin feeling soft and clean.





So basically the only differences between hand soap and body wash are that there are more moisturizers in body wash and it smells better, but in the end it really is all soap.
soap is solid , body wash is liquid . but same profit you can use to freshen up yourself. maybe it defends to your brand???? if its really good to your skin or not..
regular soap dries your skin out.
Hand soap is for your hands and body wash is for your body only.

No comments:

Post a Comment