Thursday, December 17, 2009

Can I use hand soap when cleaning a hamster's cage?What is the best soap to use?Or do I use just hot-water?

I am selling 6 hamster cages and I really need to clean them out! What should I use?Can I use hand soap when cleaning a hamster's cage?What is the best soap to use?Or do I use just hot-water?
Yes, you can use hand soap, dish detergent, or even bleach. They are all perfectly safe to use as long as you rinse out the cage very well so no soapy or bleach odor remains. You can even use some vinegar instead of bleach.


I have used antibacterial dish soap and bleach every so often for years and have had no problems.Can I use hand soap when cleaning a hamster's cage?What is the best soap to use?Or do I use just hot-water?
When I had hamsters I used hot water and dish soap. After which I put a little bleach in warm water to and ran it through the cage, then rinsed the cage.
Just use Hot water ir soap that is non-Toxic to Hamsters because they may like the smell and lick the soap... it may kill them
Use hand soap, or dish soap, then add some bleach, then rinse really good with hot water.
use warm-hot water and cleaning soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment